2020 was a turbulent year across the globe, but for Liquid Web customers, it was a stable year for hosting their mission-critical resources and data. With over 45,000 customers and half a million (and growing) sites under Liquid Web’s care, more are trusting the industry’s most loved hosting provider on the planet than ever before.
It’s not hard to see why.
2020 was a great year for the Network and Security Operations Teams, with many large project completions and accomplishments to note, bolstering infrastructure and giving our customers more uptime and faster speeds for their applications, stores, and sites.
In 2020, Liquid Web upheld an annual uptime of 99.998%.
- Total customer tickets resolved: 6,671.
- Total network devices monitored: 3,374.
- Total network devices replaced: 362.
Liquid Web is constantly proactively monitoring, servicing, maintaining, and optimizing customer infrastructure to stay online. Why? We are The Most Helpful Humans in Hosting®.
What is Uptime?
Uptime is defined as the amount of time, usually presented on an annual basis, that our infrastructure was online, available, and successfully operational.
2020 Infrastructure and Network Upgrades
Liquid Web had many key accomplishments to note in 2020 ensuring that customer infrastructure was available, highly performant, and ever-growing with new features. Those upgrades included:
- New product offerings to our customers, including Managed Cloud Servers powered by OpenStack, and new VMware Private Cloud deployments.
- Increased product availability for both Liquid Web and Nexcess customers through consolidating Liquid Web and Nexcess networks.
- Increased protection around mission-critical infrastructure for Liquid Web business operations.
- Additional network enhancements to Liquid Web remote teams while retaining customer SLAs.
- Upgrades and expansions to Cloud VPN allow faster and increased connections for customers.
- Dedicated Hosting and Dedicated VMware Private Cloud lifecycle hardware updates for increased performance and availability.
- Miami data center lifecycle hardware updates for firewall, VPN, and core hardware.
- Free upgrades for 200+ customers with Cisco switches and hardware firewalls that reached End-of-Life/End-of-Support.
- Storm Cloud improved response times/dropped latency.
- Faster detection and resolution for spamming and phishing abusers with deployment of Abuse.IO.
- Faster scanning for Vulnerability Assessment Scanning.
All of these improvements mean one thing to our customers: reliable and highly-performant infrastructure with leading 24/7/365 support available within 59 seconds via Live Chat or phone.
Looking for a Reliable Managed Hosting Provider?
Tired of downtime at your current host? Find out the Benefits of Outsourcing Web Hosting with a managed provider.
About the AuthorFollow on Linkedin More Content by Todd Terwillegar